- 19th century
Conditions Governing Use
Access to the Theodore Newton Vail Collection of Aeronautical Images, Broadsides and Clippings is not authorization to publish. Separate written application for permission to publish must be made to the Institute Archives. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection.
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
4 pages; 16.3 x 10.5 cm
Pages from a story called "the Balloon," in which a mother explains gravity to her daughter and how ships can sail on water and balloons sail through the air. The first page of the story shows an image of a balloon ascending.
- Balloons (aircraft) Subject Source: Thesaurus for Graphic Materials
- Children’s literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mothers and daughters Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Science -- Study and teaching Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US