Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Ad Hoc Committee on the Military Presence at MIT records
Scope and Contents of the Collection
The collection contains copies of questionnaires completed by faculty and students, analyses of the responses, drafts of the final report; and correspondence, memoranda, and notes of the committee.
- 1985 - 1986
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Ad Hoc Committee on the Military Presence at MIT (Organization)
This collection must be reviewed to identify any restricted material before access can be granted. Please submit your requests at least ten business days before your desired visit to allow time for this review. An archivist will respond within five business days to let you know whether your requested material is open. For complete information on this policy, see our Statement on Accessing Institute Records.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
The Ad Hoc Committee on the Military Presence at the MassachusettsInstitute of Technology was established by the faculty in May 1985 to investigate the impact on education at the Institute because of the shift in government support for scientific research and education from the civilian to the military sector. Carl Kaysen, professor in the Program in Science, Technology, and Society, chaired the committee. The final report was issued in May 1986.
5 Cubic Feet (5 record cartons)
Language of Materials
Materials are stored off-site. Advance notice is required for use.
Processing Information note
Some collection descriptions are based on legacy data and may be incomplete or contain inaccuracies. Description may change pending verification. Please contact the MIT Department of Distinctive Collections if you notice any errors or discrepancies.
- Federal aid to research Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kaysen, Carl
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Ad Hoc Committee on the Military Presence at MIT
- Military Research. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- advisory bodies Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- faculty governance Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- Preliminary Inventory to the Records of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Ad Hoc Committee on the Military Presence at MIT
- Data Entry In Progress
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US