Francis E. Wylie personal archives
Scope and Contents
Series 2, MIT Research, is a mix of research and writings from before and after Wiley's retirement. Within each folder there could be newspaper clippings, drafts of press releases or articles, and photographs. Most folders contain material compiled for writing biographies.
Series 3, 4, and 5, (Doc Edgerton Project, MIT in Perspective, and Tides and the Pull of the Moon), all contain drafts, correspondence, and research materials for these projects. Copies of MIT in Perspective, published in 1975, and Tides and the Pull of the Moon published in 1979 are included.
- 1954 - 1998
- Wylie, Francis E., 1905- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
1. MIT News | Massachusetts Institute of Technology. “Former MIT Public Relations Director Francis Wylie Dies at 97.” Accessed March 3, 2021. https://news.mit.edu/2003/wylie
2. Wylie, Francis E. M.I.T. in Perspective: A Pictorial History of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Boston: Little, Brown and Co., 1985.
4 Cubic Feet (8 legal document boxes, 1 letter document box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guide to Francis E. Wylie personal archives
- Greta Kuriger Suiter
- 2021 March
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US