Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Office of Resource Development records
Scope and Contents
The collection contains records kept by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Office of Resource Development from 1947-1982. Materials primarily relate to fundraising campaigns.
- 1947 - 1982
Conditions Governing Access
This collection requires permission for access. Records are restricted for 75 years from the date of creation. Contact Distinctive Collections for further information.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Office of Resource Development works closely with the Alumni Association and a network of reunion and fundraising volunteers to generate private support for a broad range of purposes, including undergraduate scholarships, professorships, research, building construction and renovation, athletics, and the arts, among others.
MIT Office of Resource Development, What We Do, 2021.
22 Cubic Feet (41 records cartons)
Language of Materials
Materials are stored off-site. Advance notice is required for use.
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed collection inventory is available to staff in the MIT ArchivesSpace staff interface.
In spring 2021, this finding aid was revised as part of a project to publish previously unpublished finding aids. The finding aid was brought up to minimum description standards and any personally identifying information in the description was removed.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of Communications/Resource Development
- fund raising Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- Preliminary Inventory to the Records of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Office of Resource Development
- Staff Use Only
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2021: Edited by Lana Mason for compliance with DACS single-level optimum requirements and to remove personally identifying information from the description.
- 2022 March 10: Edited by Thera Webb to include full names of women in collection.
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US