"The Worlds of Philip Morrison" symposium audio and video recordings
Scope and Contents of the Collection
The collection contains audio and video recordings of the symposium held September 26-27, 1986, honoring Massachusetts Institute of Technology Institute Professor Philip Morrison on his 70th birthday. Videotapes are available only for the September 27 session. Speakers at the September 26 session include Gene M. Brown, Bruno Rossi, James Peebles, Walter Lewin, Kenneth Brecher, Alan Guth, Francis Low, Jerome Wiesner, Randall Forsberg, Anthony P. French, Lillian Weber, and Owen Gingerich. Speakers at the September 27 sessions included Victor Weisskopf, Carl Sagan, Hans Bethe, and Philip Morrison.
Friday, September 26, 1986, sessions were held in the John Quincy Adams Ballroom, Hyatt Regency Hotel. Saturday, September 27 sessions were held in Kresge Auditorium, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Creation: 1986 - 1986
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Host institution, Organization)
This collection is open.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
1 Cubic Feet (1 record carton, 1 small box (with 9 audiocassettes))
Language of Materials
Materials are stored off-site. Advance notice is required for use.
Processing Information note
Some collection descriptions are based on legacy data and may be incomplete or contain inaccuracies. Description may change pending verification. Please contact the MIT Department of Distinctive Collections if you notice any errors or discrepancies.
- Morrison, Philip (Person)
- Brecher, Kenneth (Person)
- Bethe, Hans A. (Hans Albrecht), 1906-2005 (Person)
- Brown, Gene M. (Person)
- Weisskopf, Victor Frederick, 1908-2002 (Person)
- Forsberg, Randall (Person)
- French, A. P. (Anthony Philip), 1920- (Person)
- Gold, Thomas (Person)
- Rossi, Bruno, 1905-1993 (Person)
- Guth, Alan H. (Person)
- Lewin, Walter H. G. (Person)
- Low, Frances E. (Francis Eugene), 1921-2007 (Person)
- Peebles, P. J. E. (Phillip James Edwin) (Person)
- Wiesner, Jerome B. , 1915-1994 (Person)
- Sagan, Carl, 1934-1996 (Person)
- Weber, Lillian (Person)
- Guide to the Recordings of "The Worlds of Philip Morrison" Symposium, September 26-27, 1986
- Ready For Review
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US