Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Committee on Simplification of Curricula records
Scope and Contents of the Collection
The records of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Committee on Simplification of Curricula contain the Committee's final May 1944 report to the faculty, along with background materials.
- 1944 - 1944
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Commiitee on Simplification of Curricula was formed iIn October 1943 when the faculty of the Institute asked MIT President Karl Taylor Compton to appoint a committee to study the simplification of post war schedules and curricula. The committee, chaired by Earl B. Millard, issued its report to the faculty on 17 May 1944. The committee's main recommendations were to standardize the first year curriculum, to consolidate undergraduate subject courses, and to coordinate the four year program in the social science and humanities.
0.1 Cubic Feet (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Processing Information note
Some collection descriptions are based on legacy data and may be incomplete or contain inaccuracies. Description may change pending verification. Please contact the MIT Department of Distinctive Collections if you notice any errors or discrepancies.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Millard, Earl Bowman, 1888-1984
- advisory bodies Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- curricula Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- faculty governance Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- Guide to the Records of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Committee on Simplification of Curricula records
- Ready For Review
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US