Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Office of the Vice President, records of Vannevar Bush
Scope and Contents of the Collection
The collection contains records of the Office of the Vice President, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), from the period 1932 to 1938, when Vannevar Bush held the position of vice president. The subjects of the records include finances and academic policy; primarily the collection holds correspondence with MIT administrators, faculty, and others outside MIT engaged in science and technology issues.
- 1932 - 1938
This collection is open.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
The Office of the Vice President was established at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1932 as part of a new plan of administration for the Institute.The vice president served as an ex-officio member of the MIT Corporation, the governing body of the Institute. Vannevar Bush served as vice president from 1932 to 1938 when he left MIT to become president of the Carnegie Institution in Washington, DC.
0.3 Cubic Feet (1 manuscript box)
Language of Materials
- Bush, Vannevar, 1890-1974
- Electronic differential analyzers. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Vice President
- New York World's Fair (1939-1940 : New York, N.Y.)
- Weaver, Warren, 1894-1978
- academic affairs Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- finance Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- governance Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- institutional relationships Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- Guide to the Records of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Office of the Vice President
- Records of Vannevar Bush
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2022 April 19: Edited by Thera Webb to include full names of women in collection.
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US