Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Committee on the HASS Requirement records
Scope and Contents
Records of a later committee on the HAAS requirement can be found in collection AC 536.
- 1973 - 1980
Intellectual Property Rights
The first change to the HASS requirement was made in 1982-1983 and included a significant redefinition of the criteria for humanities distribution subjects. In addition, the Dean of the School of Humanities and Social Science (now the School of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences) was given the responsibility for monitoring the working of the requirement and the committee ceased to exist.(3)
__________________ (1) Report to the President, 1973-74.
(2) Committees of the Institute, 1982-83.
(3) Report to the President, 1982-83.
2 Cubic Feet (2 record cartons)
Language of Materials
Processing Information note
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Committee on the Hass Requirements
- academic affairs Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- advisory bodies Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- curricula Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- faculty governance Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- Preliminary Inventory to the Records of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Committee on the HASS Requirement
- Ready For Review
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US