Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Economics student records
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of student records kept by the Department of Economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) from 1965-1985.
- 1965 - 1985
Conditions Governing Access
This collection requires permission for access. Records are restricted for 75 years from the date of creation. Contact Distinctive Collections for further information.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
Until 1903, classes in economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) were taught as part of Course IX, General Studies. In 1903 the Department of Economics, Statistics and Political Science was established; in 1907 it became the Department of Economics and Statistics, and Political Science became part of the Department of History and Political Science. In 1934 the Department of Economics and Statistics became the Department of Economics and Social Science, and in 1965 it became the Department of Economics.
MIT History, Department of Biology, 2020.
5.3 Cubic Feet (5 record cartons, 1 manuscript box)
Language of Materials
Materials are stored off-site. Advance notice is required for use.
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed collection inventory is available to staff in the MIT ArchivesSpace staff interface.
In spring 2021, this finding aid was revised as part of a project to publish previously unpublished finding aids. The finding aid was brought up to minimum description standards and any personally identifying information in the description was removed.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Economics
- academic affairs Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- academic departments Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- administration of students Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- undergraduates Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- Inventory to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Department of Economics Student Records
- Staff Use Only
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2021: Edited by Lana Mason for compliance with DACS single-level optimum requirements and to remove personally identifying information from the description.
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US