Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Commencement Committee records
Scope and Contents
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Commencement Committee records date from 1925 to 1986. The collection includes files of various members of Commencement Committee. These files include letters, memoranda, schedules, and drafts of programs. Also included in the collection are 46 bound volumes including lists of committee members, reports, correspondence, memoranda, minutes of committee meetings, copies of general letters to students and faculty participating, and programs. The index to each volume is located at back of each volume. Topics within these volumes include arrangements for commencement, baccalaureate services, and ROTC commissionary exercises.
- 1925 - 1986
This collection is open.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
Appointed by the president, the Commencement Committee, which is composed of members of the faculty, administration, and student body, has charge of the arrangement and conduct of commencement exercises.
7.6 Cubic Feet (7 record cartons, 6 manuscript boxes)
Language of Materials
Materials are stored off-site. Advance notice is required for use.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Commencement Committee
- advisory bodies Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- commencements Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- events Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- faculty Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- undergraduates Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- Preliminary Inventory to the Records of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Commencement Committee, 1925-1986
- Preliminary Inventory
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2021 October 18: Edited by Lana Mason for compliance with DACS single-level optimum requirements.
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US