Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Administrative Advisory Committee records
No requestable containers
Scope and Contents
The collection comprises records created by the Administrative Advisory Committee at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) from 1993 to 1998.
- 1993 - 1998
Conditions Governing Access
This collection must be reviewed to identify any restricted material before access can be granted. Please submit your requests at least ten business days before your desired visit to allow time for this review. An archivist will respond within five business days to let you know whether your requested material is open. For complete information on this policy, see our Statement on Accessing Institute Records.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
The Administrative Advisory Committee at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) was formed in 1988 to address issues common to administrative officers at the Institute. A successor group is known as Administrative Advisory Council II under the sponsorship of the Executive Vice President and the Provost, with a purpose to enhance communications and working relationships between central administrative office and administrators in the departments, laboratories, and centers (DLCs).
1 Cubic Feet (1 record carton)
Language of Materials
Materials are stored off-site. Advance notice is required for use.
Processing Information note
Some collection descriptions are based on legacy data and may be incomplete or contain inaccuracies. Description may change pending verification. Please contact the MIT Department of Distinctive Collections if you notice any errors or discrepancies.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Administrative Advisory Committee
- administration of employees Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- administration of students Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- advisory bodies Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- planning Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2021: Edited by Lana Mason for compliance with DACS single-level optimum requirements.
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US