Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Student Art Association records
Scope and Contents
The collection comprises records produced by the Student Art Association at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) between the approximate years of 1960 to 2000.
- 1960 - 2000
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
The Student Art Association (SAA) is an arts organization at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) that serves undergraduate and graduate students as well as MIT affiliates. The SAA provides extra-academic instruction and studio arts experience, serving all skill levels and using a variety of art media.
1 Cubic Feet (1 record carton)
Language of Materials
Materials are stored off-site. Advance notice is required for use.
Processing Information note
Some collection descriptions are based on legacy data and may be incomplete or contain inaccuracies. Description may change pending verification. Please contact the MIT Department of Distinctive Collections if you notice any errors or discrepancies.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- campus activities and participatory groups Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- student life Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- students' societies Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- Preliminary Inventory to the Records of the Student Art Association
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2021 September 13: Edited by Lana Mason for compliance with DACS single-level optimum requirements.
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US