Massachusetts Institute of Technology Logarhythms records
- 1968 - 2013
- MIT Logarhythms (musical group) (Organization)
This collection is open.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
The MIT Logarhythms (the Logs) is an all male a capella student group at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The group was formed in 1949 as a double octet by Ted Metzger, class of 1950, and then the president of the MIT musical clubs. Their first public performance was given following a Glee Club concert at Radcliffe College.
The Logarhythms perform concerts on campus, on tours, and on radio and television shows, and have a strong alumni connection, and have performed in Boston's Symphony Hall for the annual alumni "Tech Night at the Pops".
1 Cubic Feet (1 box, 1 half manuscript box, 1 oversize folder)
Language of Materials
Materials are stored off-site. Advance notice is required for use.
Processing Information note
Some collection descriptions are based on legacy data and may be incomplete or contain inaccuracies. Description may change pending verification. Please contact the MIT Department of Distinctive Collections if you notice any errors or discrepancies.
- MIT Logarhythms (musical group)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Music Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- campus activities and participatory groups Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- student life Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- students' societies Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- Guide to the MIT Logarhythms Records
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US