Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Department of Biological Engineering records
Scope and Contents
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Department of Biological Engineering records date from 1984 to 2004. Collection materials include enrollment statistics, faculty presentations and research summaries, fellowship records, and administrative files.
- 1984 - 2004
This collection must be reviewed to identify any restricted material before access can be granted. Please submit your requests at least ten business days before your desired visit to allow time for this review. An archivist will respond within five business days to let you know whether your requested material is open. For complete information on this policy, see our Statement on Accessing Institute Records.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
The Department of Biological Engineering was founded in 1998 as a new Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) academic unit, with the mission of defining and establishing a new discipline fusing molecular life sciences with engineering.
3.3 Cubic Feet (3 record cartons, 1 manuscript box)
Language of Materials
Materials are stored off-site. Advance notice is required for use.
Processing Information note
Some collection descriptions are based on legacy data and may be incomplete or contain inaccuracies. Description may change pending verification. Please contact the MIT Department of Distinctive Collections if you notice any errors or discrepancies.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Biological Engineering
- academic affairs Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- academic departments Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- administration of employees Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- administration of students Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- Preliminary Inventory to the Records of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Department of Biological Engineering
- Data Entry In Progress
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2021 October 15: Edited by Lana Mason for compliance with DACS single-level optimum requirements.
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US