Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Associate Provost for the Arts records, Associate Provost Ellen Harris and Associate Provost Alan Brody
Scope and Contents
This collection contains records from the tenures of Associate Provosts for the Arts Ellen T. Harris and Alan Brody.
- 1989 - 2006
Conditions Governing Access
This collection must be reviewed to identify any restricted material before access can be granted. Please submit your requests at least ten business days before your desired visit to allow time for this review. An archivist will respond within five business days to let you know whether your requested material is open. For complete information on this policy, see our Statement on Accessing Institute Records.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
The position of Associate Provost for the Arts was created in 1989 as the final fulfillment of a set of recommendations made in November 1987 by the Arts Review Committee.
Ellen T. Harris was Associate Provost from 1989-1995, Alan Brody (1995-2006), Philip S. Khoury (2006--).
9 Cubic Feet (9 record cartons)
Language of Materials
Materials are stored off-site. Advance notice is required for use.
Processing Information note
Some collection descriptions are based on legacy data and may be incomplete or contain inaccuracies. Description may change pending verification. Please contact the MIT Department of Distinctive Collections if you notice any errors or discrepancies.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- academic affairs Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- faculty Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- governance Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- graduate students Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- institutional relationships Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- provosts Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Associate Provost for the Arts (Organization)
- Harris, Ellen T. (Person)
- Brody, Alan (Person)
- Preliminary Inventory to the Records of the Associate Provost for the Arts
- Ready For Review
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2021-02-22: Scope and Content note added by Lana Mason, archives assistant.
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US