Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Office of the Provost, records of Assistant Provost for Administration Douglas Pfeiffer
Scope and Contents
Each year the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Office of the Provost holds an orientation and introduction to MIT for new faculty the week before the academic year starts in September. A handbook of campus information resources is compiled each year by the office as part of the orientation. The collection consists ofa number of these handbooks dating from 1997 to 2006.
- 1997 - 2006
- Pfeiffer, Douglas W. (Person)
This collection is open.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
The MIT Office of the Provost sponsors an orientation for new faculty during the week before the start of each new academic year. This one-day event features an overview of MIT, and a broad introduction to some of the teaching, research, and administrative enterprises of the Institute. Traditionally, the President, Provost, and Chancellor are all involved in the day's program, and the event is hosted by the Chair of the Faculty. Much of the program typically involves a series of small panels in which MIT faculty members discuss and provide guidance related to different aspects of the faculty experience, allowing plenty of time for questions or for discussion between the panelists and the new faculty members in attendance.
1 Cubic Feet ( (1 record carton))
Language of Materials
Materials are stored off-site. Advance notice is required for use.
Processing Information note
Some collection descriptions are based on legacy data and may be incomplete or contain inaccuracies. Description may change pending verification. Please contact the MIT Department of Distinctive Collections if you notice any errors or discrepancies.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Provost
- academic affairs Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- administration of employees Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- faculty Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- governance Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- institutional relationships Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- provosts Subject Source: Thesaurus for Use in College and University Archives
- Guide to the Records of the Office of the Provost,
- Records of the Assistant Provost for Administration
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2021 September 13: Edited by Lana Mason for compliance with DACS single-level optimum requirements.
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US