S. Homer Woodbridge course notes
Scope and Contents
Collection consists of formal notes (1893, 1900) prepared by Samuel Woodbridge for his courses taught at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in heating and ventilation (1882-1914), including the "Importance of the Study to the Architect" (1 volume) and "An Elementary Treatise on Heat" (6 volumes).
- 1893 - 1900
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
Samuel Homer Woodbridge, 1848-1926, AB 1873, Williams College, studied at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), 1876-1879. In 1884 he became an instructor in the MIT Department of Physics, later switching to the Department of Mechanical Engineering; in 1895 he was made assistant professor; and in 1900 associate professor. He made numerous contributions to the practice of applying scientific principles to the subject of ventilation.
0.3 Cubic Feet (1 manuscript box)
Language of Materials
Materials are stored off-site. Advance notice is required for use.
Processing Information note
Some collection descriptions are based on legacy data and may be incomplete or contain inaccuracies. Description may change pending verification. Please contact the MIT Department of Distinctive Collections if you notice any errors or discrepancies.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Physics
- Ventilation -- Study and teaching. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Woodbridge, S. Homer (Samuel Homer), 1848-
- Guide to the Course Notes of S. Homer Woodbridge
- Ready For Review
- Karen T. Lynch
- Copyright 1980
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2021 July 9: Edited by Lana Mason to remove aggrandizing terms in the biographical note description.
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US