Edwin Kuh papers
Scope and Contents
The collection includes correspondence, budgets, contracts, plans, and reports from Kuh's consulting projects in Puerto Rico, 1928-1970; course notes, problem sets, and exams from courses he taught, including Business Forecasting (15.414), Applied Econometrics and Forecasting for Management (15.034), and other courses in econometrics; and reprints of Kuh's writngs on investment, productivity, and other subjects. Also includes correspondence, statements, and position papers Kuh wrote as an advisor to the presidential campaigns for Eugene McCarthy (1968) and George McGovern (1972).
- 1949 - 1985
- Kuh, Edwin (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
Edwin Kuh, 1925?-1986, BA 1949, Williams College; PhD 1955, Harvard University, came to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) as assistant professor in the Sloan School of Management in 1955 and became associate professor of economics in 1959. He became professor of finance and economics in 1962 and held dual appointments in the Sloan School and the Department of Economics. He was director of the Center for Computational Research in Economics and Management Science from its founding in 1978. His work focused on the use of econometric models to forecast production, savings, investment, business cycles, unemployment, and related functions.
4 Cubic Feet (4 record cartons)
Language of Materials
The collection documents the career of Edwin Kuh, a member of the economics faculty of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) from 1955 until his death in 1986. He made numerous contributions to the field of econometrics. The collection contains material on his consulting projects in Puerto Rico, 1928-1970; course notes, and reprints of his writings. Also included is material Kuh wrote as an advisor to the presidential campaigns of Eugene McCarthy (1968) and George McGovern (1972).
Materials are stored off-site. Advance notice is required for use.
Processing Information note
Some collection descriptions are based on legacy data and may be incomplete or contain inaccuracies. Description may change pending verification. Please contact the MIT Department of Distinctive Collections if you notice any errors or discrepancies.
- Business consultants Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College teachers -- Political activity -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Econometrics -- Study and teaching. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Galbraith, John Kenneth, 1908-2006
- Government consultants Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kuh, Edwin
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- National Science Foundation (U.S.). Computer Research Center
- TROLL (Computer file) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Preliminary Inventory to the Papers of Edwin Kuh
- Ready For Review
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2021 July 9: Edited by Lana Mason to remove aggrandizing terms in the abstract note description.
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US