Interviews of the Margaret MacVicar Memorial AMITA Oral History Project
Scope and Contents of the Collection
The oral histories are a resource for researchers of the history of women in the fields of science, engineering, technology, and architecture; the role of women in higher education; and the evolution of the involvement of women at MIT.
There are audio casettes of a few of the interviews, but access to them is restricted by the gift agreements.
- 1989 - 2018
- Association of MIT Alumnae (Organization)
Intellectual Property Rights
94 Megabytes (94 MB (766 Files, 28 folders) [28 transcripts])
1 Cubic Feet ((3 manuscript boxes, 1 small media box, 95.6 MB (767 Files in 28 folders) )
Language of Materials
Location of Copies
Processing Information note
Khadijah Brown (39080024065325) Naomi Carmon (39080024065333) Harriet Fell (39080024065341) Ida Gordon (39080024065358) Paula Hammond (39080024065366) Frances Margaret Hickey (39080024065374) Ellen Catherine Hildreth(39080024065382) Paul Melsheimer Jacobs (39080024065390) Audrey Kadis (39080024065408) Karla Karash (39080024065416) Geraldine Kunstadter (39080024065424) Barbara Lawrence (39080024065432) Susan Leibenhaut (39080024065440) Miriam Mazor (39080024065457) Judith Perrolle (39080024065465) Kristala Prather (39080024065473) Elizabeth Sajdel-Sulkowska (39080024065481) Antonia Schuman (39080024065499) Cecily Selby (39080024065507) Linda Sharpe (39080024065515) Cynthia Skier (39080024065523) Domina Spencer (39080024065531) Laurette Tuckerman (39080024065549) Suzanne Weinberg (39080024065556) Joyce Wolf (39080024065564) Digital copies of the items will soon be accessible on the MIT Dome website.
- Association of MIT Alumnae
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae -- Societies, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women -- Education (Higher) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women college students Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women in higher education -- Massachusetts -- Cambridge Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- oral histories (literary works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Guide to the Interviews of the Margaret MacVicar Memorial AMITA Oral History Project
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2018-09-13: Edited by Rachel Van Unen to reflect the addition of accession 2019-024
- 2019-04-03: Edited by Kari Smith to reflect current dates of collection and add URL to the AMITA oral history project webpage.
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US