Denis M. Robinson papers
Select item to request
Scope and Contents
The collection documents the professional and personal activities of Denis M. Robinson from 1920 to 1988.
Materials include: correspondence, notebooks, calendars, speeches, talks, and interviews, and slides.
- Creation: 1920 - 1988
- Robinson, Denis Morrell (Person)
This collection is open.
Conditions Governing Use
Access to collections in the Department of Distinctive Collections is not authorization to publish. Please see the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Copyright of some items in this collection may be held by respective creators, not by the donor of the collection or MIT.
Denis Morrell Robinson was born in 1907. He studied electrical engineering at the University of London graduating with his PhD in 1929. After graduating, he received a fellowship to study electrical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) where he worked with Vannevar Bush from 1929 to 1931. He then went back to England until 1941 at which point he came to the MIT Radiation Lab (Rad Lab) as the British liaison. (1) After World War II, in 1946, Robinson with John Trump and Robert J. Van de Graaff founded the High Voltage Engineering Corporation which he worked at for the rest of his career. (2)
1. Engineering and Technology History Wiki. “Oral-History: Denis M. Robinson.” Accessed December 23, 2020. https://ethw.org/Oral-History:Denis_M._Robinson.
2. American Institute of Physics. “Denis Morrell Robinson,” March 20, 2015. Accessed December 23, 2020. https://www.aip.org/history-programs/niels-bohr-library/oral-histories/4845.
17 Cubic Feet (17 record cartons)
Language of Materials
Materials are stored off-site. Advance notice is required for use.
Processing Information note
Some collection descriptions are based on legacy data and may be incomplete or contain inaccuracies. Description may change pending verification. Please contact the MIT Department of Distinctive Collections if you notice any errors or discrepancies.
- Preliminary Inventory to the Papers of Denis M. Robinson
- Ready For Review
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2020 December: Biographical note by Greta Kuriger Suiter added.
- 2021 October 4: Edited by Lana Mason for compliance with DACS single-level optimum requirements.
Part of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections Repository
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Libraries
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 US