Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
The Ali Tayar Archive covers many of the works of the late architect and designer Ali Tayar. Present in the collection are records concerning works of architecture, interior design, and furniture/product design. Also included are works from design competitions, special projects, publicity materials, ephemera, and photographic materials.
This is an assembled collection of general brochures and program material related to courses and research programs at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. It does not include materials of specific departments such as those issued by the Departments of Architecture, Chemistry, Physics, or Electrical Engineering, as those are in separate collections.
Collection on the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Exhibit at the Louisiana Purchase Exposition
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) was at the Louisiana Purchase Exposition, the "1904 St. Louis World's Fair," held in St. Louis, Missouri. Material in the collection includes a booklet designed for use at the Exposition indicating important topics and themes of MIT's education-related exhibit. Also of interest is a register signed by visitors to the exhibit, many signers identifying themselves as graduates of MIT.
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) was among several institutions represented in an exhibit on higher education at the World's Columbian Exposition held in Chicago in 1893. Two volumes that were part of the MIT exhibit comprise this collection.
Combined records of the joint Detroit Institute of Technology - Massachusetts Institute of Technology Title III Grant.
This collection consists of an audio recording of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Christmas Convocation that took place on December 16, 1959. The Convocation was an event sponsored by the MIT Undergraduate Association. The recording includes the singing of Christmas carols, scripture readings, and comments delivered by MIT president Julius A. Stratton.
The collection comprises 293 Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) course lecture tapes.
The collection contains entrance and undergraduate examinations from several departments at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Some of the exams belonged to Theodore Stebbins, class of 1886, and Henry Talbot, class of 1885.
The collection contains information about courses offered at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) between 1868 and 1927 in general studies, humanities, and social science subject areas. The material is primarily syllabi and course notes. Also included are summer reading lists issued by the faculty of the Institute.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Office of the President, records of Karl Taylor Compton and James Rhyne Killian
The collection comprises proposals and implementation plans for the Centrex Telecommunication System on campus. It includes blueprints marked up for installation.
This collection contains an archived version of the MIT and Slavery class project website, which hosts information on the efforts to study the Institute's ties to slavery through an undergraduate research course. The website describes results of findings and information on similar initiatives at other colleges and universities.
- Names: Massachusetts Institute of Technology X
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections 17
- Aga Khan Documentation Center, MIT Libraries 1
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History 7
- College students 2
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Faculty 2
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877) 2
- courses 2
- curricula 2
- photographs 2
- Architecture, Domestic 1
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century 1
- Astrophysics 1
- Austin (Texas) 1
- Block Island (R.I.) 1
- Boston Harbor (Mass.) 1
- Computer-aided design. 1
- Disarmament 1
- Disarmament -- History 1
- Drawings 1
- Education 1
- Education -- United States 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching 1 ∧ less
- German 1
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections 2
- Söderberg, C. Richard (Carl Richard), 1895-1979 2
- Stratton, Julius Adams 2
- Weisskopf, Victor Frederick, 1908-2002 2
- Wiesner, Jerome B. (Jerome Bert), 1915-1994 2
- Wilson, Carroll L. 2
- Aalto, Alvar, 1898-1976 1
- Air University (U.S.) 1
- Albert Farwell Bemis Foundation 1
- Altshuler, Alan A., 1936- 1
- American Council on Education 1
- American Institute of Physics 1
- American Society for Engineering Education 1
- Association of American Universities 1
- Atoms for Peace Awards, Inc. 1
- Baker, Everett Moore 1
- Baruch, Bernard M. (Bernard Mannes), 1870-1965 1
- Bethe, Hans A. (Hans Albrecht), 1906-2005 1
- Bitter, Francis, 1902-1967 1 ∧ less