Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 438
This collection includes minutes and other records of the Board of Directors of the Alumni Association of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) from the organization of the board in 1968 through 1983. Also in the collection are board resolutions, by-laws, and by-law revisions.
The collection includes early Alumni Association reports and meeting records, information on the Committee on Publication, which led to the establishment of Technology Review, Board of Directors minutes, financial records and budgets, information regarding reunions, Alumni Officers conference files, records of the National Selection Committee, and information regarding the choosing of MIT’s colors. Also included are audio tapes of speakers at alumni events.
The Margaret MacVicar Memorial AMITA (Association of MIT Alumnae) Oral History Project began in 1990 with the purpose of documenting life histories of women who graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The collection comprises interviews of women who graduated in 1922 and later. Interviews have been conducted by students working in MIT’s Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP).
Association of Alumni and Alumnae of MIT, records of Executive Vice President Donald P. Severence and William J. Hecht
The collection comprises records produced by Donald P. Severence and William J. Hecht, Executive Vice Presidents of the Association of Alumni and Alumnae of MIT. The materials span the years of 1962 to 1970 and 1980 to 1997.
This collection was compiled by the Association of Independent Living Groups (AILG) of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology for the MIT 150th Anniversary Archives Project. It includes the charter and bylaws of the AILG, as well as information on the history, present state, and possible future of Fraternities, Sororities, and Independent Living Groups (FSILG) at MIT.
The collection of the Boston Stein Club records includes the bylaws and articles of the club, correspondence about activities, announcements and programs, and club minutes related to this organization of Boston area MIT Jewish alumni.
Collection of Papers and Records of the Radiation Laboratory at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The collection comprises materials related to the Radiation Laboratory at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The collection spans the years of 1941 to 1991 and include administrative records, publications, and memorabilia.
The collection contains materials that document student life on the MIT campus, including notebooks and papers, news clippings, magazines, student publications, photographs, brochures and programs, and other memorabilia.
Collection on the Celebration of the Move of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology from Boston to Cambridge
The Dedication Reunion Committee was formed to oversee the celebrations for the dedication of MIT’s new Cambridge campus, which took place on June 12, 13, and 14, 1916. The committee was divided into over twenty subcommittees responsible for an elaborate set of festivities. Several subcommittees are represented in the collection, including the Undergraduate Reunion Committee and the Technology Pageant Committee, whose records form a major portion of the collection.
The Francis E. Wiley personal archives consists of drafts, correspondence, and research material relating to writing projects by Wiley. Most of the material is from writing projects such as the M.I.T. in Perspective book, Tides and Pull of the Moon book, and an unpublished project on Harold "Doc" Edgerton. Also included are photographs and retirement party records that relate to his work as the MIT Director of Public Relations (1955-1970).
The collection consists of speeches and publications of Henry Smith Pritchett, who was president of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology from 1900 to 1907.
The collection includes drafts of articles and case studies for a proposed second volume written by project staff concerning the effects of Proposition 2 1/2 on local governments in Massachusetts. Also included is the project newsletter, Impact: 2 1/2.
The collection consists of an audio recording of the interview of Howard Johnson by John Matill on August 16, 1983.
James Phinney Munroe was an 1882 graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), who served in various positions at MIT, including Secretary of the Faculty, President of the Alumni Association, Secretary of the Corporation, Managing Editor of Technology Review, and Life Member of the Corporation. The collection includes correspondence related to his MIT work and publications written by him.
The collection comprises materials related to Jaspar Whiting from 1917 to 1934.
The collection contains correspondence, reports, and drafts of working papers of members of the Joint Center for Urban Studies Guayana Project in Venezuela. Report topics are as follows: A is Public Administration, B is Economic Factors, C is Social Factors, D is Physical Planning-Regional, E is Physical Planning-Urban, F is General and Miscellaneous.
- academic affairs 104
- academic departments 83
- administration of students 82
- administration of employees 53
- curricula 49
- advisory bodies 46
- graduate students 36
- institutional relationships 36
- governance 33
- campus activities and participatory groups 31
- student life 29
- faculty 28
- finance 26
- students' societies 26
- undergraduates 23
- planning 20
- provosts 20
- research 20
- alumni and alumnae 16 ∧ less
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the President 12
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Provost 10
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Alumni Association 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Urban Studies and Planning 6
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries 6
- Gray, Paul E. 5
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Chairman of the Corporation 5
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Project Whirlwind 5
- Stratton, Julius Adams 5
- Killian, James Rhyne, 1904-1988 4
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics 4
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Chemical Engineering 4
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science 4
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Mechanical Engineering 4
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Dean for Student Affairs 4
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the President and Chancellor 4
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Personnel Office 4
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Sloan School of Management 4
- Wiesner, Jerome B. (Jerome Bert), 1915-1994 4 ∧ less