Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 36
This collection was compiled by the Association of Independent Living Groups (AILG) of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology for the MIT 150th Anniversary Archives Project. It includes the charter and bylaws of the AILG, as well as information on the history, present state, and possible future of Fraternities, Sororities, and Independent Living Groups (FSILG) at MIT.
In 1890, the Glee Club, Banjo Club, and Mandolin Club joined to create the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Combined Musical Clubs. After several dormant periods and name changes, the Combined Musical Clubs reappeared in 1908 and persisted as an umbrella organization for undergraduate musical groups until 1986. The collection includes correspondence, photographs, financial and administrative reports, brochures, concert programs, and a scrapbook.
Records of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Flying Club, Inc. cover the period 1946 on. They relate to members' flying activities across the United States and from Canada to Mexico, including accidents. The collection consists primarily of executive committee minutes and reports (1948-1953) and general membership meeting minutes and rosters (1947-1954). It allso includes the club's constitution and bylaws, pilot accident reports, and correspondence.
The Gymnasium Committee of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) oversaw the gymnasium and drill hall built in Boston for MIT students in 1874. The collection consists of minutes of the committee and also includes a handwritten subscription lists of pledges to a fundraising effort in 1874 for the building. The list is signed by former MIT president William B. Rogers and his successor, MIT president John D. Runkle, among others.
The collection consists of agenda notes, meeting minutes, anniversary celebration materials, member directories, and governing documents.
The collection consists of minutes of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Science Fiction Scoiety organization from 1949 to 1960, correspondence with speakers and others interested in science fiction, and photographs.
The collection comprises records produced by the Student Art Association at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) between the approximate years of 1960 to 2000.
The collection comprises records of the Student Information Processing Board (SIPB) at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) from 1971 to 2017.
Materials include: workshop materials, meetings minutes, course notes, theses, articles, and an archived version of the SIPB website spanning 2017 to the present day.
This collection contains the minutes of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Tech Electrical Club.
The collection is arranged chronologically and includes three souvenir programs from Walker Club theatrical productions. "A Night Off" was staged as part of the MIT Junior Week activities in April 1901.
This collection contains one box of correspondence, minutes from club meetings, financial records and regulations from the MIT Flying Club from 1928-1929. The correspondence addresses the organization and administration of the club, membership in aeronautical organizations, and the concerns of MIT administrators over the safety and necessity of a flying club. The financial records in the collection include bills and receipts for parts and service and some correspondence with vendors.
This collection contains six scrapbooks created by the members of Massachusetts Institute of Technology Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity (Xi Chapter). Scrapbooks contain photographs of student life and memorabilia about different chapter events from 1917 to 1967. The fraternity's affiliation with the national fraternity ended in 1973, and the living group became the Fenway House.
- Subject: students' societies X
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History 26
- student life 19
- campus activities and participatory groups 14
- Student activities. 12
- fraternities and sororities 5
- finance 4
- undergraduates 3
- Music 2
- Student participation in administration. 2
- faculty 2
- fraternity and sorority pledging 2
- fund raising 2
- scores (documents for music) 2
- student publications 2
- Civil engineering -- Societies, etc. 1
- Civil rights demonstrations -- Massachusetts -- 1969-1974 1
- College and school drama 1
- College students 1
- College students -- Religious life -- United States 1 ∧ less
- American Institute of Electrical Engineers 1
- American Rocket Society 1
- Association of Independent Living Groups (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) 1
- Cosmopolitan Club (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) 1
- Epsilon Theta (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) 1
- M.I.T. Outing Club 1
- MIT Choral Society 1
- MIT Concert Band 1
- MIT Flying Club (1927-1929) 1
- MIT Flying Club, Inc. (1946-) 1
- MIT Logarhythms (musical group) 1
- MIT Science Fiction Society 1
- Macri, Giuliano 1
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Branch of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers 1
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Chemical Society 1
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Civil Engineering Society 1
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Combined Musical Clubs 1
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Football Association 1
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Geological Club 1
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Glee Club 1 ∧ less