Showing Collections: 271 - 300 of 1276
The collection documents the activities of Harriet Ritvo who was a professor of history at MIT beginning in 1979. Materials in the collection, spanning 1965 - 2020, document her academic career. They consist of research materials, notes, and drafts of her writing, conference talks, essays, and course materials related to classes Ritvo taught at MIT.
The collection of physicist Harry E. Clifford consists of a notebook entitled "Precision of Measurements, 1897," probably lecture notes for course 342, Precision of Measurement, taught by Clifford at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology during the academic year 1896-1897.
Harry Manley Goodwin was a member of the faculty of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology from 1890 to 1940 in the Department of Physics. He also served in several administrative positions. The collection contains correspondence with MIT colleagues during the period Goodwin was a professor of physics; and correspondence, speeches, memoranda, and news releases from the period he was dean of graduate students and of the graduate school.
The collection contains writings of Harry D. Newman, 1983 graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. His work as an undergraduate includes class assignments, one-act plays, poetry, and his play Laundromat, submitted as his bachelor's thesis. Among his later work in the collection are plays, poetry, and short stories; and articles, essays, and lectures on theater and non traditional casting
This collection comprises the student records of graduate students and withdrawn students in the Harvard-MIT Program in Health Sciences and Technology. Student records date from 1975 to 2006 and are arranged alphabetically. Official student records are administered by the Office of the Registrar at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and are not found in this collection.
The Heinrich A. Medicus papers consists of several sets of notes used for lectures on physics topics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the 1950s. One set of materials is noted as Dr. Bitter's copy, referring to Francis Bitter, professor of physics at MIT and director of the Magnet Laboratory at MIT.
The collection documents the professional activities of Henry Eastin Rossell from approximately 1931 to 1937. Materials include handwritten lecture notes, typescript chapters from Principles of Naval Architecture, and research notes including data tables and blueprints.
Collection includes Henry Guerlac's draft of History of Radar in World War II and an abbreviated edition.
The collection comprises articles co-authored by Marcus and course syllabi.
The collection consists of speeches and publications of Henry Smith Pritchett, who was president of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology from 1900 to 1907.
The collection documents the professional activites of Henry W. Kendall between the approximate years of 1961 to 1997.
Materials include: reports, correspondence, notes, articles, and administrative files.
The collection documents the activities of Herbert Uhlig spanning the years of approximately 1940 to 1975.
Materials include: correspondence, journals, notebooks, audiotapes, and slides.
The collection documents the professional activities of Herbert Bridge from 1947 to 1956. Materials inlcude research notebooks, notes, data, calculations, graphs, manuscripts, presentations, conference notes, correspondence, and photographs.
The collection contains Herman Meissner's correspondence with E. I. Du Pont de Nemours and Company and the New Jersey Zinc Company on teflon powder pellitizing and the processing of zinc. Also contains research notebooks and reprints of his articles.
The collection documents the activities of Hermann Anton Haus, an Institute Professor emeritus at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) spanning the years of 1985 to 2003.
Materials include: correspondence, course notes, presentations, awards, photographs, videotapes.
Holliday C. Heine's class materials, which she assembled while a student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), include course materials, primarily containing student notes; laboratory notebooks; examinations; and problem sets, mostly in biology and biochemistry. Also included are materials from courses in physics, mathematics, chemistry, economics, and music.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections 1260
- Aga Khan Documentation Center, MIT Libraries 14
- MIT Program in Art, Culture and Technology 2
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History 439
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Faculty 332
- academic affairs 108
- administration of students 97
- academic departments 92
- administration of employees 58
- curricula 49
- advisory bodies 48
- Institute Professors 40
- student life 40
- graduate students 39
- institutional relationships 36
- students' societies 36
- governance 34
- campus activities and participatory groups 33
- faculty 30
- finance 29
- undergraduates 28
- oral histories (literary works) 25
- Government consultants 22 ∧ less
- English 1271
- Multiple languages 7
- French 5
- German 5
- Arabic 4
- Hungarian 2
- Japanese 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Czech 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Persian 1
- Russian 1
- Slavic languages 1
- Swedish 1 ∧ less
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology 18
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the President 15
- Compton, K. T. (Karl Taylor), 1887-1954 13
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Alumni Association 13
- Killian, James Rhyne, 1904-1988 12
- Bush, Vannevar, 1890-1974 11
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Provost 11
- Stratton, Julius Adams 10
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Architecture 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Urban Studies and Planning 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Sloan School of Management 9
- Wiesner, Jerome B. (Jerome Bert), 1915-1994 9
- Forrester, Jay W. 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Biology 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Physics 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Oral History Program 8
- Gray, Paul E. 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Mechanical Engineering 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Laboratory for Nuclear Science 7 ∧ less