Showing Collections: 331 - 360 of 1284
Irwin Oppenheim papers
This collection documents the career of Irwin Oppenheim. Oppenheim was a member of the faculty at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology from 1931 to1969 in the Department of Physics, and was a leader in the field of operations research. Material in this collection includes biographical information, correspondence, course material, conference and presentation notes, manuscripts, research data, and published articles, technical reports and books.
Isadore Candeub papers
Collection includes photographs and papers pertaining to Isadore Candeub and the firm Candeub, Fleissig & Associates.
Isfahan Urban History Project
Ithiel de Sola Pool papers
J. C. R. Licklider papers
J. Francis Reintjes papers
J. Harvey Evans papers
J. Herbert Hollomon papers
The collection consists of student notes and a cassette tape recording of a speech made by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) professor J. Herbert Hollomon on December 5, 1977, sponsored by the MIT Center for Policy Alternatives on changes in industrial productivity, strategies for action, and the possible role of universities.
Jack B. Howard papers
The collection contains materials related to Jack B. Howard’s career at MIT, including correspondence, research papers, reports, memos, video cassettes, course materials and published articles.
Jack L. Kerrebrock papers
The collection documents the activities of Jack L. Kerrebrock. Materials, which span the years of circa 1984 to 1996, include administrative and professional files.
Jack P. Ruina papers
The collection documents the professional activities of Jack Ruina between the years of approximately 1954 to 1968.
Materials include: MIT Center committee reports and correspondence, and personal files including those pertaining to the National Security Council and the Tea Pot Committee.
Jack S. Goldstein collection on Jerrold R. Zacharias
Jackson & Moreland daily journals
The collection of Jackson and Moreland daily journals contains the daily journals of Edward Moreland, 1914-1925, and Dugald C. Jackson, 1923-1925, and Arthur L. Nelson, 1920-1922, all of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) class of 1907. The journals include information on daily business activities and meetings, and notes.
Jacob Pieter Den Hartog papers
Collection includes extensive consulting files which document Den Hartog's career as an international advisor to government and industry on problems of vibration and stress. Correspondence and lecture notes reflect his role as educator and professional colleague while at MIT. Also included is a diary from a European "tour of duty" with the United States Naval Reserve, 1944-1945.
James A. Beattie manuscript and lecture notes
James A. Beattie was an assistant professor, associate professor, and full professor of physical chemistry at the Massachusetts Instutite of Technology from 1923 to 1961. He co-authored Principles of Thermodynamics with Irwin Oppenheim which was published in 1980. This collection consists of a handwritten manuscript of the Principles of Thermodynamics and typewritten lecture notes for course 5.71 Chemical Thermodynamics.
James A. Herrick papers
The papers of Massachusetts Institute of Technology alumnus James Amory Herrick consists of an essay entitled "A Treatise upon the Siemens' Process of Making Steel Upon the Open Hearth," dated September 1872, and notes on the chemical analysis of iron, 1871-1881.
James B. Fisk papers
James D. Bruce correspondence
The collection of James D. Bruce correspondence consists of personal correspondence, which includes letters of congratulation to Bruce on his appointments at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the Industrial Liaison Program and office of information systems, and correspondence reflecting Bruce's interest in the expression of religious faith in the workplace.
James E. McCune papers
The collection documents the professional activities of James E. McCune from approximately 1957 to 1965. Materials include theses, notebooks, papers, research project files, correspondence, and subject files.
James Phinney Munroe papers
James Phinney Munroe was an 1882 graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), who served in various positions at MIT, including Secretary of the Faculty, President of the Alumni Association, Secretary of the Corporation, Managing Editor of Technology Review, and Life Member of the Corporation. The collection includes correspondence related to his MIT work and publications written by him.
James R. Jack papers
James R. Killian papers
James Scott Ferguson student notes
James W. Driscoll papers
James W. Mar papers
Janet H. Murray papers
Jaspar Whiting papers
The collection comprises materials related to Jaspar Whiting from 1917 to 1934.
Jay K. Lucker papers
Jay Wright Forrester papers
Jean E. Jackson papers
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections 1269
- Aga Khan Documentation Center, MIT Libraries 15
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History 439
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Faculty 332
- academic affairs 108
- administration of students 97
- academic departments 92
- administration of employees 58
- advisory bodies 48
- curricula 48
- Institute Professors 40
- student life 40
- graduate students 38
- institutional relationships 36
- students' societies 36
- governance 34
- campus activities and participatory groups 33
- faculty 30
- finance 29
- undergraduates 27
- oral histories (literary works) 25
- Government consultants 22 ∧ less
- English 1279
- German 7
- Multiple languages 7
- French 6
- Arabic 5
- Hungarian 2
- Japanese 2
- Persian 2
- Russian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Czech 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Slavic languages 1
- Swedish 1
- Tajik 1 ∧ less
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology 18
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the President 15
- Compton, K. T. (Karl Taylor), 1887-1954 13
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Alumni Association 13
- Killian, James Rhyne, 1904-1988 12
- Bush, Vannevar, 1890-1974 11
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Provost 11
- Stratton, Julius Adams 10
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Architecture 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Urban Studies and Planning 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Sloan School of Management 9
- Wiesner, Jerome B. (Jerome Bert), 1915-1994 9
- Forrester, Jay W. 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Biology 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Physics 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Oral History Program 8
- Gray, Paul E. 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Mechanical Engineering 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Laboratory for Nuclear Science 7 ∧ less