Showing Collections: 361 - 390 of 1284
Jeanne Shapiro Bamberger papers
Materials within this collection includes but is not limited to notebooks, articles, teaching materials, research notes, and interview transcripts produced during Jeanne Shapiro Bamberger's time at MIT. The collection also includes slides as well as audiovisual recordings primarily in casette form.
Jeffrey I. Steinfeld personal archives
The collection documents the professional activities of Jeffrey I. Steinfeld from circa 1962 to 2008.
Materials include: correspondence, research notebooks, reprints, travel and course notes, reports, and files.
Jerome B. Wiesner papers
Jerome C. Hunsaker papers
Jerome H. Saltzer papers
The collection documents the professional activities of Jerome Saltzer from approximately 1965 to 1980.
Materials include: correspondence, Multics systems books and programming manuals, hardware specification books, Multics checkout bulletins, and system programmer's supplement revisions.
Jerome Sondericker papers
Jerome Y. Lettvin papers
Jerrold R. Zacharias papers
János M. Beér papers
The collection documents János Beér's professional activities in the form of research publications spanning the years of 1951 to 2007.
Joanne Stubbe personal archives
This collection contains primarily laboratory research notebooks.
Joe S. Clark papers
The Joe S. Clark papers contain photographs and Clark's calculations for the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) synchrotron which was built between 1946 and 1948. Clark was a physicist and a member of the MIT class of 1937.
Joel Moses papers
The collection documents the professional activities of Joel Moses and span from approximately 1967 to 1981.
Materials include: correspondence, journals, publications, notes, manuals, transparencies, articles, and notebooks.
John Bigelow Jr. personal archives
The John Bigelow Jr. personal archives consists of three scrapbooks compiled by Bigelow while he was professor of military science and tactics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and date from 1894 to 1898. The scrapbooks contain letters by and to Bigelow, and ephemera such as invitations, cards, and event related material.
John C. Purves papers
John C. Sheehan papers
John Charles Heine student notes
Collection contains John Charles Heine's class materials, which he assembled while a student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, for classes in mechanical engineering and physics; includes problem sets, examinations, and student notes.
John Chipman papers
The collection of John Chipman papers includes research notes and other materials about Chipman's work on steel and alloys. Also contains his reprints, correspondence with colleagues, and course notes from his MIT course 3.21, Principles of Steelmaking. Some information from his work on the Manhattan Project is also included.
John D. Runkle papers
John de Monchaux personal archives
John E. Burchard papers
The papers document Burchard's professional and, to some extent, personal activities from 1923 to 1975. The bulk of the material dates from 1931 to 1975.
John E. Meyer papers
John E. Ward papers
The collection documents the professional activities of John E. Ward between circa 1940 to 1989.
Materials include: Radiation Laboratory files, printed technical reports and writings by Ward, consulting materials on cable television, correspondence, meetings minutes, and memoranda.
John F. Elliott papers
The collection documents the professional activities of John F. Elliott, a professor of metallurgy at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The collection materials span the appromxiate years of 1958 to 1991.
Materials include articles and lectures on metallurgy.
John G. Trump papers
John Habraken papers
John Harbison interview
The collection consists of an audio recording of an interview with Massachusetts Institute of Technology Professor John Harbison on WMBR, the MIT radio station, 9 April 1986. Harbison describes his career and philosophy of music; also includes recorded performances of two of Harbison’s compositions, “Confinement” and Symphony no. 1.
John Heywood manuscript files
John Heywood is the Sun Jae Professor Emeritus of Mechanical Engineering at MIT and the author of Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals. This collection contains materials pertaining to the writing and publication of Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals, including notes, drafts, and correspondence.
John J. Hibbert papers
The collection documents the professional activities of John J. Hibbert from approximately 1935 to 1946. Materials relate to the Radiation Laboratory at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and include technical manuals, notebooks, photographs, reports, directories, reprints, and a tribute to Karl Taylor Compton.
John King papers
John Kudzma papers
Collection contains research materials on time and motion study. Included are data on assembly standards and piece rates which appear to have been compiled during a study at a Leominster Massachusetts furniture mill; and an outline of a text used by Kudzma on time study fundamentals.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections 1269
- Aga Khan Documentation Center, MIT Libraries 15
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History 439
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Faculty 332
- academic affairs 108
- administration of students 97
- academic departments 92
- administration of employees 58
- advisory bodies 48
- curricula 48
- Institute Professors 40
- student life 40
- graduate students 38
- institutional relationships 36
- students' societies 36
- governance 34
- campus activities and participatory groups 33
- faculty 30
- finance 29
- undergraduates 27
- oral histories (literary works) 25
- Government consultants 22 ∧ less
- English 1279
- German 7
- Multiple languages 7
- French 6
- Arabic 5
- Hungarian 2
- Japanese 2
- Persian 2
- Russian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Czech 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Slavic languages 1
- Swedish 1
- Tajik 1 ∧ less
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology 18
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the President 15
- Compton, K. T. (Karl Taylor), 1887-1954 13
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Alumni Association 13
- Killian, James Rhyne, 1904-1988 12
- Bush, Vannevar, 1890-1974 11
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Provost 11
- Stratton, Julius Adams 10
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Architecture 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Urban Studies and Planning 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Sloan School of Management 9
- Wiesner, Jerome B. (Jerome Bert), 1915-1994 9
- Forrester, Jay W. 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Biology 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Physics 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Oral History Program 8
- Gray, Paul E. 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Mechanical Engineering 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Laboratory for Nuclear Science 7 ∧ less