Showing Collections: 391 - 420 of 1276
The collection contains correspondence, reports, and drafts of working papers of members of the Joint Center for Urban Studies Guayana Project in Venezuela. Report topics are as follows: A is Public Administration, B is Economic Factors, C is Social Factors, D is Physical Planning-Regional, E is Physical Planning-Urban, F is General and Miscellaneous.
The collection documents the professional activities of Jonathan Allen. Materials in the collection date from approximately 1950 to 1999. Materials include correspondence, lectures and lecture notes, slides, course notes, and meeting materials.
Joseph A. Meyer, Jr. (1856–1894) was a graduate of MIT's Department of Architecture who traveled to Europe and Asia on a MIT-sponsored trip in the 1890s. The collection primarily consists of Meyer's travel journals, in which he recorded sketches and impressions of the places he visited.
The collection comprises course and thesis notes, exams, and correspondence created by Joseph M. Galeota during his educatoin at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) from 1924 to 1927. The materials relate to courses in applied mechanics, physics, and electrical engineering.
Collection consists of Joseph Gillson's correspondence with other geologists, including Waldemar Lindgren, Charles Palache, and Ulysses Sherman Grant; field notebooks from numerous sites kept by Gillson while with the U.S. Geological Survey, and a field report from Fremont County, Wyoming, with detailed observational data and a record of specimens; and reprints of technical papers, primarily concerning industrial minerals.
The Joseph Weizenbaum personal archives span the approximate years of 1960 to 1999.
Materials include: theses, publications, newspaper clippings, correspondence, and administrative files.
The only known born-digital material (non-printouts) are files from a 5.25 inch floppy disk in box 16. It is a Pascal computer program, SONIA, written by Thomas Broome III and sent to Weizenbaum. It includes DOS executable files and Pascal source code in plain text.
The bulk of the collection consists of notes, syllabi, and other teaching materials for courses taught by Thomson in a wide spectrum of philosophical disciplines, including ethics, epistemology, history of philosophy, and theory of knowledge. Also included in the collection are articles and book reviews written by Thomson between 1957 and 1998. Abortion, causality, rights, and self-defense are among the many topics covered.
The collection includes information about Julian Avery's inventions and research, copies of his writings on metallurgy and gravitation.
The collection comprises a scrapbook created in approximately 1930 by Julius B. Goldberg.
This collection contains materials including but not limited to correspondence, proposals, reports, papers, data and research notebooks, and memoranda. Topics include Athena, Mother, and Passion software, UN bibliographies, Multiregional Input-Output (MRIO), Multiregional Policy (MRP), Multiregional Policy Impact Simulation Model (MRPIS), South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) and multiregional planning.
Collection consists of Technology, the original score for a male quartet by Massachusetts Institute of Technology graduate Karl Kennison.
The collection comprises an audio recording of the October 4, 1954 Karl Taylor Compton Memorial Tribute speeches given by Ralph Lowell and James R. Killian on WGBH radio broadcast.
This collectin of Keatinge Keays student notes contains notes on lectures, quizzes, and supplementary materials for subject 13.12, "Warship General Arrangements," taught by J.A. Brown in the Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering in the spring of 1953.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections 1260
- Aga Khan Documentation Center, MIT Libraries 14
- MIT Program in Art, Culture and Technology 2
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History 439
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Faculty 332
- academic affairs 108
- administration of students 97
- academic departments 92
- administration of employees 58
- curricula 49
- advisory bodies 48
- Institute Professors 40
- student life 40
- graduate students 39
- institutional relationships 36
- students' societies 36
- governance 34
- campus activities and participatory groups 33
- faculty 30
- finance 29
- undergraduates 28
- oral histories (literary works) 25
- Government consultants 22 ∧ less
- English 1271
- Multiple languages 7
- French 5
- German 5
- Arabic 4
- Hungarian 2
- Japanese 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Czech 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Persian 1
- Russian 1
- Slavic languages 1
- Swedish 1 ∧ less
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology 18
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the President 15
- Compton, K. T. (Karl Taylor), 1887-1954 13
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Alumni Association 13
- Killian, James Rhyne, 1904-1988 12
- Bush, Vannevar, 1890-1974 11
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Provost 11
- Stratton, Julius Adams 10
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Architecture 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Urban Studies and Planning 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Sloan School of Management 9
- Wiesner, Jerome B. (Jerome Bert), 1915-1994 9
- Forrester, Jay W. 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Biology 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Physics 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Oral History Program 8
- Gray, Paul E. 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Mechanical Engineering 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Laboratory for Nuclear Science 7 ∧ less