Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 1276
This collection is an audio recording of a lecture by Amar Bose on the development of high fidelity stereo systems for automobiles. The lecture was delivered to the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at the Massachusets Institute of Technology on March 19, 1984.
The collection comprises records of the American Research and Development Corporation spanning the years of 1946 to 1958.
The Margaret MacVicar Memorial AMITA (Association of MIT Alumnae) Oral History Project began in 1990 with the purpose of documenting life histories of women who graduated from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The collection comprises interviews of women who graduated in 1922 and later. Interviews have been conducted by students working in MIT’s Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP).
This collection documents the activities of Annamaria Torriani-Gorini, who was a professor in the Department of Biology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Materials in the collection span the 1960s-1970s. Among the materials are correspondence, research materials, writings, lecture notes and more. Of interest are materials on women in science and women faculty groups at MIT.
The collection documents the professional activities of Anthony P. French from approximately 1950 to 2011. The collection consists of course notes and preparatory materials, correspondence, publications, talks, and background materials.
The collection documents the professional activities of Antoine Marc Gaudin from approximately 1923 to 1964.
Included in the materials are a 1939 signed letter from Herbert Hoover and a 1949 letter from Dwight D. Eisenhower. The collection also comprises consulting reports, working papers and manuscripts of the second edition of "Flotation," correspondence, notes, photographs, copies of illustrations, and a report by Gaudin on Memory and Arts completed for Hochschild.
The collection consists of Arthur Kramer's notes to problem sets (“class bibles”) from 1948 to 1952.
The collection documents the professional activities of Arthur C. Smith.
The collection documents the professional activities of Arthur K. Kerman during the years of 1950 to 2015.
Materials include: reports, meetings materials, correspondence, notes, and files.
The collection documents the professional activities of Arthur Steinberg from circa 1965 to 1997.
Materials include: Course notes, grants and proposals, writings, program materials, and administrative files.
Collection consists of notes from classes Arthur Townsend Trowbridge attended in 1906 at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in physics, calculus, and applied mechanics.
Association of Alumni and Alumnae of MIT, records of Executive Vice President Donald P. Severence and William J. Hecht
The collection comprises records produced by Donald P. Severence and William J. Hecht, Executive Vice Presidents of the Association of Alumni and Alumnae of MIT. The materials span the years of 1962 to 1970 and 1980 to 1997.
This collection was compiled by the Association of Independent Living Groups (AILG) of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology for the MIT 150th Anniversary Archives Project. It includes the charter and bylaws of the AILG, as well as information on the history, present state, and possible future of Fraternities, Sororities, and Independent Living Groups (FSILG) at MIT.
Audio recording of speeches at National Academy of Sciences meeting held at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The collection comprises an audio recording of a speech given by National Academy of Sciences (NAS) president Deplev Bronk at an NAS symposium at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) on November 9 and 10, 1953.
The collection comprises the papers of Barry Marshall Trager.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections 1260
- Aga Khan Documentation Center, MIT Libraries 14
- MIT Program in Art, Culture and Technology 2
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History 439
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Faculty 332
- academic affairs 108
- administration of students 97
- academic departments 92
- administration of employees 58
- curricula 49
- advisory bodies 48
- Institute Professors 40
- student life 40
- graduate students 39
- institutional relationships 36
- students' societies 36
- governance 34
- campus activities and participatory groups 33
- faculty 30
- finance 29
- undergraduates 28
- oral histories (literary works) 25
- Government consultants 22 ∧ less
- English 1271
- Multiple languages 7
- French 5
- German 5
- Arabic 4
- Hungarian 2
- Japanese 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Czech 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Persian 1
- Russian 1
- Slavic languages 1
- Swedish 1 ∧ less
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology 18
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the President 15
- Compton, K. T. (Karl Taylor), 1887-1954 13
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Alumni Association 13
- Killian, James Rhyne, 1904-1988 12
- Bush, Vannevar, 1890-1974 11
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Provost 11
- Stratton, Julius Adams 10
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Architecture 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Urban Studies and Planning 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Sloan School of Management 9
- Wiesner, Jerome B. (Jerome Bert), 1915-1994 9
- Forrester, Jay W. 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Biology 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Physics 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Oral History Program 8
- Gray, Paul E. 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Mechanical Engineering 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Laboratory for Nuclear Science 7 ∧ less