Showing Collections: 91 - 120 of 1276
The collection documents the professional activities of Charles B. Breed from 1893 to 1947. Much of the collection is related to grade crossings and transportation. Materials include photographs, lectures, correspondence, notes, surveys, and subject files.
The collection documents the professional activities of Charles E. Ruby. Materials include files, notes, books, cards, and correspondence regarding research on an anthology of scientific poetry.
Collection consists of Massachusetts Institute of Technology graduate Charles Burr's student notes from courses in mining and metallurgy he took while a student at MIT, 1900-1902; course notes on metallurgy of iron and steel from a class given by MIT professor Heinrich O. Hofman, 1900; and Burr's accounts ledger, 1910-1911, kept while he was a mining engineer.
The collection documents the professional activities of Charles M. Vest during the years of 1967 to 2013.
Materials include: correspondence, lectures, reports, articles, speeches, presentations, and a digital video interview of Vest about Bill Mitchell.
Chalres W. Davis' student notes collection consists of a laboratory notebook of mimeographed instructions and written work for courses in the technology and chemistry of food supplies (20.01-20.02) taught by Professor Ernest E. Lockhart at MIT.
The collection comprises an audio recording of a discussion and slide presentation given by Claes Oldenburg on January 13, 1976 at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The lecture was given in connection with an exhibit and was sponsored by the MIT Committee on the Visual Arts.
Collection includes Herschel's professional correspondence with fellow engineers on the design and construction of bridges, dams, and power plants; and the design and use of venturis and weirs, which he invented, for the measurement of water flow. Also includes Herschel's correspondence and reports for the American Society of Civil Engineers, and the Holyoke (Mass.) Water Power Company. Collection also contains Herschel's personal correspondence with colleagues and friends.
This collection contains meeting minutes notebooks and correspondence. The materials span from 1890 to 1937, with the bulk of the collection dating from the 1890s.
The collection about James Watt contains three signed letters: February 1794, from James Watt to Zacheus Walker concerning a patent protection suit; January 1813, from James Watt to William Murdock concerning specifications for a lathe; and March 1801, from Matthew Boulton (Watt's business partner) to the Duke of Portland concerning the immigration of workmen to America.
The collection consists of two volumes of autographs, which were collected by Bryant Nichols while he was a student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. One volume contains autographs of MIT faculty members, collected between 1904 and 1908. The other volume contains autographs of members of the MIT class of 1907, collected during 1905.
This is an assembled collection of general brochures and program material related to courses and research programs at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. It does not include materials of specific departments such as those issued by the Departments of Architecture, Chemistry, Physics, or Electrical Engineering, as those are in separate collections.
This collection consists of publications and reports written by and about members of the faculty of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The bulk of the material was published between 1900 and 1940.
Collection of Papers and Records of the Radiation Laboratory at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The collection comprises materials related to the Radiation Laboratory at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). The collection spans the years of 1941 to 1991 and include administrative records, publications, and memorabilia.
Materials in the Collection on Désiré Despradelle date from 1873 to 1913. The collection comprises an scrapbook (104 pages) including paper items, paper labels and photographs. The collection also includes articles and pamphlets about Despradelle.
The collection contains correspondence regarding the death and work of MIT Professor Eugene Létang. Much of the correspondence is addressed to Létang’s widow.
The collection contains materials that document student life on the MIT campus, including notebooks and papers, news clippings, magazines, student publications, photographs, brochures and programs, and other memorabilia.
Collection on the Celebration of the Move of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology from Boston to Cambridge
The Dedication Reunion Committee was formed to oversee the celebrations for the dedication of MIT’s new Cambridge campus, which took place on June 12, 13, and 14, 1916. The committee was divided into over twenty subcommittees responsible for an elaborate set of festivities. Several subcommittees are represented in the collection, including the Undergraduate Reunion Committee and the Technology Pageant Committee, whose records form a major portion of the collection.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections 1260
- Aga Khan Documentation Center, MIT Libraries 14
- MIT Program in Art, Culture and Technology 2
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History 439
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Faculty 332
- academic affairs 108
- administration of students 97
- academic departments 92
- administration of employees 58
- curricula 49
- advisory bodies 48
- Institute Professors 40
- student life 40
- graduate students 39
- institutional relationships 36
- students' societies 36
- governance 34
- campus activities and participatory groups 33
- faculty 30
- finance 29
- undergraduates 28
- oral histories (literary works) 25
- Government consultants 22 ∧ less
- English 1271
- Multiple languages 7
- French 5
- German 5
- Arabic 4
- Hungarian 2
- Japanese 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Czech 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Persian 1
- Russian 1
- Slavic languages 1
- Swedish 1 ∧ less
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology 18
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the President 15
- Compton, K. T. (Karl Taylor), 1887-1954 13
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Alumni Association 13
- Killian, James Rhyne, 1904-1988 12
- Bush, Vannevar, 1890-1974 11
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Provost 11
- Stratton, Julius Adams 10
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Architecture 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Urban Studies and Planning 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Sloan School of Management 9
- Wiesner, Jerome B. (Jerome Bert), 1915-1994 9
- Forrester, Jay W. 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Biology 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Physics 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Oral History Program 8
- Gray, Paul E. 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Mechanical Engineering 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Laboratory for Nuclear Science 7 ∧ less