Showing Collections: 151 - 180 of 1284
The collection documents the activities of David Staelin from 1965 to 2010.
Materials inlcude: photographs, course materials, articles, and audiovisual media.
The collection documents the professional and personal activities of Denis M. Robinson from 1920 to 1988.
Materials include: correspondence, notebooks, calendars, speeches, talks, and interviews, and slides.
Combined records of the joint Detroit Institute of Technology - Massachusetts Institute of Technology Title III Grant.
This collection documents the career of Dietmar Seyferth, Professor Emeritus of Chemistry at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The bulk of the collection is composed of articles and reports authored or co-authered by Seyferth, spanning from the 1950s to 2010. Other material includes research notebooks, transparencies, and reprints of publications.
The collection documents Schön’s research in organizational theory and urban planning and includes correspondence, publications, research files, reports, and working papers. Materials date from approximately 1970 to 1997.
The collection documents the professional activities of Donald Blackmer and spans the approximate years of 1940 to 2010. Materials include: course documents, correspondence, and letters of reference and recommendation. Topics include the Center for International Studies (CIS) and Council for European Studies (CES).
The majority of the papers of Donald R. F. Harleman consist of correspondence, notes, reports, drafts, conference materials, lecture transcripts, and articles related to Donald Harleman's consulting work involving the prevention of tidal flooding in Venice, Italy. Some reports and publications are in Italian. Also included are several folders related to Harleman's consulting work for Qatar Vinyl Company Ltd. involving its wastewater treatment plant.
The collection contains biographical information about Dorothy Weeks, a physicist, and the first woman to receive a PhD in mathematics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The collection also includes material about the women who gathered in summer terms at MIT in the late 1940s to work with George Harrison in the spectroscopy lab on compiling wave length tables.
The collection comprises material from both Douglas Ross and SofTech, and spans the period of approximately 1945 to 2007.
Materials include: correspondence, reports, documentation, and project files.
The collection documents the activities of E. Eugene "Gene" Larrabee between the approximate years of 1947 to 2001.
Materials include: correspondence, memoranda, drafts, reports, course notes, and publications.
The collection consists of four folders, three of which contain old exams and suggested questions, and one that contains materials relating to Hartley’s work on the Humanities Department Policy Committee from 1959 to 1960.
The collection documents the activities of Edward Cohen and spans the years of approximately 1970 to 2000. Materials include scores, sketches, and reel-to-reel tapes.
The collection documents the professional activities of Edward E. David, Jr. from 1950 to 1994. Materials in the collection are primarily files, with some correspondence, reports, budgets, and memoranda. Topics include NATO, the White House, Exxon, and Bell Labs.
Collection includes articles, addresses, photographs, and a partial draft of Warner's book tentatively titled
Design of Airships.
The collection consists primarily of reprints of Edward Phelps Allis's articles on the morphology and paleontology of marine life, 1909-1938. Also included are a few brief biographical pieces about the Allis family and Edward Allis.
The Edward S.Philbrick Collection consists of correspondence, notes, and calculations relating to specifications for a sewer system for the town of Brookline (Mass.), circa 1870.
The collection comprises reprints dating from between 1865 to 1922. The reprints cover a wide spectrum of topics including biology, sociology, and public health.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections 1269
- Aga Khan Documentation Center, MIT Libraries 15
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History 439
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Faculty 332
- academic affairs 108
- administration of students 97
- academic departments 92
- administration of employees 58
- advisory bodies 48
- curricula 48
- Institute Professors 40
- student life 40
- graduate students 38
- institutional relationships 36
- students' societies 36
- governance 34
- campus activities and participatory groups 33
- faculty 30
- finance 29
- undergraduates 27
- oral histories (literary works) 25
- Government consultants 22 ∧ less
- English 1279
- German 7
- Multiple languages 7
- French 6
- Arabic 5
- Hungarian 2
- Japanese 2
- Persian 2
- Russian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Czech 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Slavic languages 1
- Swedish 1
- Tajik 1 ∧ less
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology 18
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the President 15
- Compton, K. T. (Karl Taylor), 1887-1954 13
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Alumni Association 13
- Killian, James Rhyne, 1904-1988 12
- Bush, Vannevar, 1890-1974 11
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Provost 11
- Stratton, Julius Adams 10
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Architecture 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Urban Studies and Planning 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Sloan School of Management 9
- Wiesner, Jerome B. (Jerome Bert), 1915-1994 9
- Forrester, Jay W. 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Biology 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Physics 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Oral History Program 8
- Gray, Paul E. 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Mechanical Engineering 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Laboratory for Nuclear Science 7 ∧ less