Showing Collections: 181 - 210 of 1288
Edwin J. Cohn memorial lecture
The collection comprises an audio reel to reel tape recording of George Scatchard giving the Edwin J. Cohn memorial lecture on November 25, 1968.
Edwin Kuh papers
Egon Orowan papers
Eiichiro Honma papers
This collection contains materials produced by Honma both during and following his time as a student at MIT.
Elbert Grover Allen student notes
The collection consists of two student notebooks containing notes taken by Allen during classes he attended at MIT, 1897-1898. One notebook contains notes on a course in English literature taught by Arlo Bates; the second contains notes on European history taught by Charles T. Wentworth.
Elihu Thomson papers
The papers of Elihu Thomson include a journal (1874) with reference to Thomson's early activities at the Franklin Institute; patent information (1876-1902) relating to his work with Edwin J. Houston; and papers relating to American Electric (1880), Thomson Houston Company (1883), Thomson Electric Welding Company (1888), and General Electric Company (1892).
Emily Wick papers
Personal papers of Emily Wick, first female faculty to earn tenure at MIT, also served in Dean's office.
Epsilon Theta records
Eric Brater student notes
The collection consists of Eric Brater's student notes from undergraduate courses taken at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) on applied mechanics, materials science, chemistry, physics, and heat and hydraulic engineering.
Eric Hodgins papers
Eric R. Cosman papers
Eric Wormser World War II memoir
The collection comprises a 1997 memoir on World War II by Eric Wormser.
Ernst A. Guillemin papers
The collection of Ernst A. Guillemin papers includes drafts of his articles and books; course and research notes about circuit theory; and French course notes taken by Guillemin's daughter, Mary Grace Guillemin.
Ethel Fifield Brooks papers
Eugene B. Skolnikoff papers
Eugene E. Covert papers
The collection documents the activities of Eugene E. Covert between the years of 1975 and 1995.
Materials include: correspondence as well as research and administrative files.
European Security Study records
The collection consists of 22 notebooks, dating from January 1981 to November 1982, containing Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor Carroll Wilson's European Security Study (ESECS) meeting notes and log of daily activities.
Everett Moore Baker papers
Experimental Music Studio recordings
The Experimental Music Studio recordings is a collection of reel to reel audio tapes produced by students and staff involved with MIT's Experimental Music Studio and with the New England Conservatory. The physical materials in the collection are reel to reel audio tapes in 7” and 10.5” reels, using ¼”, ½”, and 1” tape. Some recordings have been digitized thank to a CLIR Recordings at Risk grant in 2020.
F. Alexander Magoun papers
The collection of Frederick A. Magoun includes student notes, final and mid-year exams, and a scrapbook containing memorabilia and photographs created by Magoun during his student years at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, class of 1918.
F. H. Rockett papers
The collection comprises notes and papers by F.H. Rockett dating from approximately 1914 to 1916.
F. Leroy Foster typescript reports
Felix Villars papers
Fernando J. Corbató papers
The Fernando J. Corbató papers date from approximately 1964 to 1997.
Materials include: notebooks, manuals, examinations, and meeting materials.
Topics include Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Education Testing Service, teaching assignments, and Multics.
Fischer Black papers
The collection documents the professional activities of Fischer Black. Topics within the collection relate to economics, business, accounting, and computers. Materials include articles and papers, reports, correspondence, subject files, and research materials.
Francis Amasa Walker papers
Francis Bitter National Magnet Laboratory records
Francis Bitter papers
These papers document the career of Francis Bitter, who helped establish the National Magnet Laboratory at MIT. The bulk of the collection postdates 1934, when Bitter came to MIT. The papers consist primarily of correspondence with colleagues, professional societies, and concerns that hired him as a consultant.
Francis Crick lecture
Dr. Francis Crick delivered the inaugural lecture in the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Whitaker College Distinguished Lecture Series on September 22, 1983. The title of the lecture is "Thinking About the Brain."
Francis E. Low papers
The collection, which spans the years of 1977 to 1990, primarily documents Francis E. Low's time with the National Academy of Sciences Committee on Human Rights. These materials include appeals, meeting materials, and a draft of "Scientific and Human Rights in Chile."
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections 1272
- Aga Khan Documentation Center, MIT Libraries 16
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History 439
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Faculty 332
- academic affairs 108
- administration of students 97
- academic departments 92
- administration of employees 58
- advisory bodies 48
- curricula 48
- Institute Professors 40
- student life 40
- graduate students 38
- institutional relationships 36
- students' societies 36
- governance 34
- campus activities and participatory groups 33
- faculty 30
- finance 29
- undergraduates 27
- oral histories (literary works) 25
- Government consultants 22 ∧ less
- English 1283
- French 7
- German 7
- Multiple languages 7
- Arabic 5
- Hungarian 2
- Japanese 2
- Persian 2
- Russian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Czech 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Slavic languages 1
- Swedish 1
- Tajik 1 ∧ less
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology 18
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the President 15
- Compton, K. T. (Karl Taylor), 1887-1954 13
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Alumni Association 13
- Killian, James Rhyne, 1904-1988 12
- Bush, Vannevar, 1890-1974 11
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Provost 11
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Architecture 10
- Sloan School of Management 10
- Stratton, Julius Adams, 1901-1994 10
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Urban Studies and Planning 9
- Wiesner, Jerome B. , 1915-1994 9
- Forrester, Jay W. 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Biology 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Physics 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Oral History Program 8
- Gray, Paul E., 1932-2017 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Mechanical Engineering 7 ∧ less