Showing Collections: 211 - 240 of 1284
The Francis E. Wiley personal archives consists of drafts, correspondence, and research material relating to writing projects by Wiley. Most of the material is from writing projects such as the M.I.T. in Perspective book, Tides and Pull of the Moon book, and an unpublished project on Harold "Doc" Edgerton. Also included are photographs and retirement party records that relate to his work as the MIT Director of Public Relations (1955-1970).
The papers of Francis William Crosby consist primarily of correspondence with Crosby's family during the Civil War in which he tells of his travels and experiences, including Sherman's March to the Sea; the letters include a map of the march and a railroad map of Georgia. Also included is biographical information; a eulogy for Crosby; and 1881 patent records for an electrical voting recorder.
The collection documents the professional activities of Franco Modigliani from approximately 1944 to 2001. Materials include publications, reprints, scrapbooks, and five reels of microfilm.
The papers of Massachusetts Institute of Technology Alumnus and Professor Frank A. Law consist of two folders of correspondence, notes, and diagrams pertaining to electrical machinery problems and to the properties of various metals.
The collection documents the career of Frank A. McClnitock, a faculty member in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
The collection contains notes Frank Cilley took from lectures at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) by professor of civil engineering George Fillmore Swain in fall 1888, probably course 169, "Bridges and Similar Structures," or course 170, "Bridge Design." Also includes notes and abstracts for Cilley's 1889 thesis, "Methods of Operating High Grades and Steep Inclines."
The collection contains glass lantern slides related to the Rockefeller Differential Analyzer (RDA) and the Rapid Arithmetic Machine (RAM), photographs, miscellaneous correspondence and notes, publications, patents, reports, and a manuscript titled “Memoirs of My Computing and Teaching Experiences.”
The collection consists of a disbound scrapbook created by Massachusetts Institute of Technology student Fred A. Wilson, containing invitations, receipts, examination schedules, and examinations.
Course notes, Radiation Laboratory reports, and publications on physics.
The collection documents the activities of Frederic R. Morgenthaler from 1951 to 1975. The collection includes some materials about Professor Chu, a mentor to Morgenthaler, and some materials from Morgenthaler's time as a student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
The collection contains student notes from Massachusetts Institute of Technology student Frederick Alexander Jones on plane surveying which describe both the materials and the methods used.
This collection contains personal and professional papers of Frederick J. Adams, a professor of the Department of Architecture, and later the Department of City and Regional Planning at MIT. A small number of reports and administrative records of the MIT Department of City and Regional Planning, 1937-1969, and its successor, the Department of Urban Studies and Planning, are included in the collection.
The collection documents the activities of Frederick J. McGarry. Collection materials span the years of 1965 to 2004 and primarily consist of correspondence.
The collection documents the professional activities of Frederick Sanders.
The collection consists of a audiocassette recording of a speech made by Gary Hart at MIT on 2 March 1984, during the 1984 presidential campaign.
Collection includes research notebooks from Richter's work at Brown Company (1925-1940); and reprints, typescripts, notebooks, papers, and correspondence relating to his contributions to the field of cellulose chemistry.
The collection consists of four volumes of course notes from lectures given by Massachuesttes Institute of Technology professor George Haven on machine design and industrial plants. Some of the notes may have belogned to student William Frymoyer.
The collection comprises a mimeographed copy of "Emission of Radio Frequency Waves from Plasmas" written in December 1961 by George Bekefi.
George Boolos taught philosophy of logic and mathematics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology from 1969 to 1996. This collection includes correspondence, drafts of Boolos's two books, course notes from classes he taught at MIT, and copies of his published articles.
The George C. Newton papers contain correspondence, memoranda, reports, and writings on Newton's research on energy conservation, highway safety, and refrigeration technology. Also includes Newton's notes for courses he taught at yhe Massachusetts Institute of Technology: Simulation Methods for Analysis and Control (6.605), Control System Synthesis (6.606), and Management in Engineering (2.96J/6.930J).
The George Charles Manning papers, which date between 1889 to 1942, comprise Naval Architecture files including specifications, blueprints, correspondence, testing for Bureau of Standards, ship design, and marine insurance. The collection also includes a manuscript of Fundamentals of Naval Architecture by Manning and a mixture of teaching material and professional papers.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections 1269
- Aga Khan Documentation Center, MIT Libraries 15
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History 439
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Faculty 332
- academic affairs 108
- administration of students 97
- academic departments 92
- administration of employees 58
- advisory bodies 48
- curricula 48
- Institute Professors 40
- student life 40
- graduate students 38
- institutional relationships 36
- students' societies 36
- governance 34
- campus activities and participatory groups 33
- faculty 30
- finance 29
- undergraduates 27
- oral histories (literary works) 25
- Government consultants 22 ∧ less
- English 1279
- German 7
- Multiple languages 7
- French 6
- Arabic 5
- Hungarian 2
- Japanese 2
- Persian 2
- Russian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Czech 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Slavic languages 1
- Swedish 1
- Tajik 1 ∧ less
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology 18
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the President 15
- Compton, K. T. (Karl Taylor), 1887-1954 13
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Alumni Association 13
- Killian, James Rhyne, 1904-1988 12
- Bush, Vannevar, 1890-1974 11
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Provost 11
- Stratton, Julius Adams 10
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Architecture 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Urban Studies and Planning 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Sloan School of Management 9
- Wiesner, Jerome B. (Jerome Bert), 1915-1994 9
- Forrester, Jay W. 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Biology 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Physics 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Oral History Program 8
- Gray, Paul E. 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Mechanical Engineering 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Laboratory for Nuclear Science 7 ∧ less