Showing Collections: 241 - 270 of 1284
The collection comprises materials from the Experimental Study Group at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) created from 1969 to 1974.
Materials include reports and related materials, responses for Committee on Educational Policy questions, other files, and a writing by George E. valley on his time with the Experimental Study Group.
The collection documents the professional activities of George Everett Marsh from 1909 to 1950. Materials include typescripts of papers, patent drawings, diagrams, notes, thesis, bibliography of writings and writings on topics in geophysics and electrical engineering.
The collection contains professional correspondence, mostly letters of reference for George M.Tompson, and two annotated copies of published engineers' texts.
The collection consists of correspondence regarding the disappearance and death of George MacKay's son, Master Engineer George Lewis MacKay (Massachusetts Institute of Technology class of 1914), 117th Engineer Regiment, U.S. Army in France. Correspondents include military personnel, Mrs. A. J. George, executive secretary of the War Service Auxiliary of MIT, and MIT professor William H. Lawrence.
About half of the collection consists of Scatchard’s published works (boxes 3, 5, and 6). The collection also contains biographical material, including a substantial amount of correspondence relating to his awards and honors (boxes 1 and 2). Also included is a photograph album, which contains pictures from his military service, and a few portraits.
The collection consists of George McLauthlin's class notebooks describing experiments and coursework in biology, chemistry, and metallurgy at the Massachusetts Instittue of Technology.
This collection is composed primarily of student notes, mechanical drawings and memorabilia from George W. Hamblet (class of 1888) of student and class activities. There is additional material pertaining to engineering collected by Hamblet in the years following his graduation as well as his class reunion programs. There is a small amount of material from George W. Hamblet, Jr.’s years as a student at MIT (1922-1926) including programs from student plays and newsclippings.
The collection consists of a scrapbook of advertisements for cameras, equipment, and darkroom chemicals. Also contains correspondence from suppliers to Weeks about the purchase of chemicals and several advertising brochures from the Boston Society for Amateur Photography.
This collection documents the activities of Gerald Jay Sussman, the Panasonic Professor of Electrical Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Materials, dating from 1965 to 2003, include course materials, research, and publication and subject files in the field of computer science and artificial intelligence.
The collection documents the professional activities of Giorgio Diaz de Santillana from 1905 to 1974. Materials include correspondence, speeches, photographs, slides, notebooks, reports, calendars, reprints, manuscripts, and notes.
Collection includes musical scores and recordings of compositions by Tucker including dramatic and band compositions, chamber music, pieces for the piano, and works for choruses. Also included are recordings of the MIT Choral Society and Concert Band.
The György Kepes papers is a collection of materials pertaining to the publication of Kepes's Arts and the Environment volume from the Vision and Value series.
The collection comprises an audio recording of Hans Bethe's comments as part of the March 4, 1969 MIT panel "Arms Control, Disarmament, and National Security."
The collection consists of research and laboratory notebooks relating to DNA research.
The collection documents the professional activities of Harald A. Reiche.
Materials include: a files index, correspondence, files, class notes, reprints and photocopies, drafts, and lectures.
The collection comprises correspondence created by Harold A. Freeman.
Collection contains printed material relating to tests conducted at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) at the request of the Select Committee on Small Business of the United States Senate concerning effects noted when the battery additive AD-X2 was added to lead acid storage batteries.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries. Department of Distinctive Collections 1269
- Aga Khan Documentation Center, MIT Libraries 15
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- History 439
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Faculty 332
- academic affairs 108
- administration of students 97
- academic departments 92
- administration of employees 58
- advisory bodies 48
- curricula 48
- Institute Professors 40
- student life 40
- graduate students 38
- institutional relationships 36
- students' societies 36
- governance 34
- campus activities and participatory groups 33
- faculty 30
- finance 29
- undergraduates 27
- oral histories (literary works) 25
- Government consultants 22 ∧ less
- English 1279
- German 7
- Multiple languages 7
- French 6
- Arabic 5
- Hungarian 2
- Japanese 2
- Persian 2
- Russian 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Czech 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Slavic languages 1
- Swedish 1
- Tajik 1 ∧ less
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology 18
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the President 15
- Compton, K. T. (Karl Taylor), 1887-1954 13
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Alumni Association 13
- Killian, James Rhyne, 1904-1988 12
- Bush, Vannevar, 1890-1974 11
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Office of the Provost 11
- Stratton, Julius Adams 10
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Architecture 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Urban Studies and Planning 9
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Sloan School of Management 9
- Wiesner, Jerome B. (Jerome Bert), 1915-1994 9
- Forrester, Jay W. 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Biology 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Physics 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Libraries 8
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Oral History Program 8
- Gray, Paul E. 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Department of Mechanical Engineering 7
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Laboratory for Nuclear Science 7 ∧ less