Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877)
Found in 22 Collections and/or Records:
Abraham Hun Berry received an SB from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1872. The collection consists of two notebooks of Berry's student notes from architectural courses taught by William R. Ware at MIT and the Massachusetts Normal Art School.
Albert Francis Hall was the a member of the first graduating class of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1868, receiving an SB in mechanical engineering. Notes and compositions in the collection document his years as a student at MIT. Hall’s work as a mechanical engineer and inventor is documented in drawings of pumps, writings on pumps, and patents. Also included in the collection are correspondence, a diary, and memorabilia.
The collection contains materials that document student life on the MIT campus, including notebooks and papers, news clippings, magazines, student publications, photographs, brochures and programs, and other memorabilia.
The collection consists of an address by Carson on the general plan of instruction at MIT with specific references to civil engineering. The address was probably delivered before a meeting of the Alumni Association on January 18, 1877.
The collection consists of two volumes of records of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology class of 1873: the treasurer's account book, 1871-1942, and secretary's minutes, 1871-1944.
The Gymnasium Committee of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) oversaw the gymnasium and drill hall built in Boston for MIT students in 1874. The collection consists of minutes of the committee and also includes a handwritten subscription lists of pledges to a fundraising effort in 1874 for the building. The list is signed by former MIT president William B. Rogers and his successor, MIT president John D. Runkle, among others.
The collection of Massachusetts Institute of Technology class record books consists of six volumes relating to an undergraduate class/laboratory in Forging and also Filing Shop taught between 1874 and 1877. Student name, description of work, grades, and attendance are recorded for a class taken by both mechanical engineers and civil engineers.